Friday, February 29, 2008

Iditarod 2008


I was introduced to the Iditarod when we were homeschooling. I"m hooked. I am not a dog lover, but the race fascinates me. The race begins tomorrow morning (Saturday March 1) at 10 am with the 'restart' on Sunday. The race follows the northern route since it is an even year. The race covers over 1000 miles with the finish line in Nome.

I found a Lutheran connection. The Teacher on the Trail is a Lutheran school teacher. Jane Blaile is from Christ Lutheran School in sunny Phoenix, Arizona.

I'll be keeping track of the following racers:

Ed Stielstra who is from Michigan and a veteran racer.

DeeDee Jonrowe who is from Alaska and a veteran racer.

Jeff King who lives in Alaska and is one of the favorites to win.

God's blessings on all the racers and their teams.